|Version 3 (modified by Tuinslak, 2 years ago) (diff)|
Community Update 2011
it's time for another community update! Community updates (read: Communitaaaaaaah) are little stories that tell us what we have been doing in the last month. Let's call it our parish journal!
The NPO has been founded
13 Jan 2011 -
Meeting De Lijn
2 Feb 2011 - Data in April/May
- They'll contact us in ~2 weeks to discuss whether or not they'll open up their data (and the terms).
- If they agree to provide us the data, we will get static dumps (one per night) in 3 to 4 months.
- We contacted MIVB, however, they have not replied yet.
4 Feb 2011 - Yeri talked at the European Parliament for ItaliaCamp
- We swapped business cards with Open Italy, an initiative helping organisations getting access to open data and helping on licenses.
5 & 6 Feb 2011 - bdg, fosdem talk + links, ...
- bdg: plans on creating a open source Ruby application that will keep track of train delays and generate a PDF to get a refund by NMBS.
We are going to test in the near future a "logging feature". Basically keeping all delays (between certain hours and/or trajects/stations) on disk.
- FOSDEM talk: good feeedback
We got approached by people who might be able to provide us data from the UK (such as buses (including school buses), trains, etc)
- Ywein Vanden Brande: still supports our project, willing to help in case we ever need counsel.
The cabinet of Crevits
7 Feb 2011 - minister of mobility
Introducing new community members
BeTrains? for ...